With the passing this week of Billy Graham I just wanted to remember him with my 10 favorite quotes.
- “Some of you today are going through heartache and grief so intense that you wonder if it will ever go away. But I want to tell you that our God cares for you and for your family and for your city. For God loves you, and he shares in your suffering.”
- “There are three of you. There is the person you think you are. There is the person others think you are. There is the person God knows you are and can be through Christ.”
- “The greatest legacy one can pass on to one’s children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one’s life, but rather a legacy of character and faith.”
- “My prayer today is that we will feel the loving arms of God wrapped around us, and will know in our hearts that He will never forsake us as we trust in Him.”
- “Don’t let failure or disappointment cut you off from God or make you think that the future is hopeless. When God closes one door, He often opens another door – if we seek it.”
- “God does not change – and neither does His love. He loved you before you were born… He loves you now… and He will love you forever.”
- “No matter who you are or what your life has been like so far, the rest of your life’s journey can be different. With God’s help you can begin again.”
- “You can’t control the length of your life. You can control the depth.”
- “There comes a moment when we all must realize that life is short, and in the end the only thing that really counts is not how others see us, but how God sees us.”
- “My home is in Heaven, I’m just traveling through this world.”
Welcome Home Billy Graham.